The Safety & Environmental Services department strives to provide superior customer service and reliable programs in support of the district’s mission. The major functions of this department is to provide accident prevention for students, staff and patrons and minimize property losses and liability claims. Safety & Environmental Services develops techniques and strategies to mitigate exposures to loss, and implements programs to meet regulatory compliance and district policy requirements for safety and loss control. Other functions of Safety & Environmental Services include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Indoor Air Quality investigations and work with consultants on industrial hygiene and safety conditions.
- Work with the Lee’s Summit R-7 Emergency Response Quality Focus Team, City crisis responders and public agencies.
- Conduct risk/safety training.
- Work with facilities on special projects.
- Conduct safety and loss prevention inspections on buildings, grounds, and play areas.
- Maintain and enhance security systems and procedures.
Taking all the above into account, Safety & Environmental Services practices an active retention strategy by selecting the most cost efficient insurance program which provides appropriate financial protection in the event of a loss. It is always our goal to develop a strong understanding of the types of activities that increase the exposure to losses through district activities.
The department serves to reduce injuries and to protect the district’s assets. This is only possible through the continued efforts of the Board of Education, Superintendent, administrators, supervisors and all district employees.